Retainer Wear and Care
- Always bring your retainers to your appointment.
- Always use your hands to insert or remove your retainer - do not bite it into position.
- Gently clean your retainer with soap and water every time you brush your teeth. 2-3 times a day.
- Retainer Brite is also recommended to clean your retainers.
- Store your retainers in a clean, dry retainer case.
- Remove your retainers to eat, brush, play active sports, swim or for pictures.
- Call the office immediately if you have any problems with or lose your retainer.
- Remember when your retainer is "NOT IN YOUR FACE IT IS IN YOUR CASE!"
- Put your retainer in hot boiling water to clean. This will warp the retainer
- Do not soak your retainer in anything other than Retainer Brite for a maximum of 20 minutes.
- Do not put your retainer in a napkin when you are eating. It will get thrown away.
- Do not put your retainer in your pocket. It will get broken or bent.
- Do not leave them lying around- Dogs love to chew on them.
- Do not pop your retainer in and out of position with your tongue-it will break.
- Do not chew gum or hard or sticky foods while wearing your retainer.
**You have invested time and money to achieve your gorgeous smile, DO NOT LET RELAPSE OCCUR THROUGH CASUAL NEGLECT! Wear your retainer as instructed.